Monday, October 5, 2009

Quite A Scare!

Well we had quite the scare on Sunday night with our sweet little Ellie. The kids were playing the game Manacala which is a game that uses glass half marble pieces. Well you might be able to see where I am going with this.....anyways the older kids didn't put it away so Aubree decided she was going to play and left it on the ground. Along comes little Miss Ellie and she decided to eat the marbles. Evan and I both saw her and I took them out of her hands and we got one out of her mouth and thought okay, disaster averted...WRONG! All of a sudden Ellie started choking and I mean I had to put her head down, abdomen over my knee and do back blows on her. The marble was already to far down and luckily she was able to get it down, she was still having a hard time getting it all the way down so we took her to Choc Emergency Room. Once there Ellie got her first X-ray and the technician said "Yep, there is a marble in her stomach. Looks like you are going to have fun digging."(Pleasant image, I know) The Doctor came in and said since the marble had made it down to her stomach everything should be fine and it should come out in a few days. He also explained that I would have to look through her mess to find it...OH the JOYS of MOTHERHOOD! I am very thankful that she is going to be okay. The hospital was great we were in and out of there in an hour and you all know how amazing that is for an emergency room. Below are a few pics of Ellie waiting for the Doctor.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

That's so scary -I hope everything is okay! It's crazy how fast little ones can stick things in their mouth!

Our story said...

That is so scary.I couldn't imagine.I took my dad's CPR and first aid class for those reasons but I still fear that I would just panic.I am glad she is ok.

jenni said...

how scary!! i am so glad she is okay.